— James Phillips is stepping down as president of monetary expert services at Stripe, just one month soon after joining the company.
Phillips landed at Stripe in April just after a 10 years-extended stint at Microsoft, in which he was most just lately president of the Electronic Transformation System Team, overseeing a crew of a lot more than 15,000 individuals. He joined in 2012 as a strategy advisor to Satya Nadella, who afterwards turned CEO.
In a LinkedIn write-up, Phillips identified as it a “painful choice to forego joining Stripe working their economical providers small business.”
“Though I continue to be exceedingly bullish on the corporation and its potential clients, I’ve concluded it’s just not the proper shift for me and my household at this stage in time,” Phillips wrote. “Stripe is an outstanding firm and I know they will continue to thrive!”
Phillips is now a board member at F5 and a strategic director at Madrona Enterprise Team. He formerly founded Akimbi Programs (obtained by VMware) and Couchbase.
JAXJOX is a well being and wellness startup dependent in Bellevue, Clean. The firm landed a $10 million expenditure in 2020 prior to the launch of its Interactive Studio, a tech-enabled exercise session program.
“JAXJOX delivers the most multipurpose and individualized linked workout routines I have knowledgeable,” Johnson mentioned in a assertion. “I seem ahead to advising the group as they go on to create on a knowledge-centric health and fitness system.”
Other personnel alterations across the Pacific Northwest tech marketplace:
- 5G Open Innovation Lab hired previous Microsoft and Cisco chief Scott Waller as its first CTO. Waller proceeds to run Seattle-space startup Thingy.
- Seattle startup Humanly employed two execs: BJ Shannon, previous vice president of manufacturer partnerships at Leafly, as chief consumer officer, and Michelle Baird, previous product supervisor on Twitter Developer Platform, as founding item manager.
- Greg Hart, a former Amazon chief who is chief merchandise officer at Compass, was promoted to chief working officer at the true estate big.
- Terry Fry, head of T mobile therapeutics at Sana, is primary a new cell and gene remedy institute at the University of Colorado.
- Nadia Carlsten, former head of product at Amazon Internet Products and services, joined SandboxAQ as vice president of merchandise.
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation appointed new customers to its Goalkeepers advisory group: Kathryn Finney, Hervé Berville, Maryam Uwais, Kristina Lunz, Shan Huang, Prajakta Koli, Tlaleng Mofokeng, and Thoko Elphick-Pooley.