Source code for Redwood 1., unveiled April 4, is available on GitHub. Also known as RedwoodJS, the framework leverages capabilities from many systems, which include the React, GraphQL, TypeScript, the Jest tests framework, and the Storybook UI part builder.
A Redwood app is a React entrance finish communicating with a custom GraphQL API, with the API applying the Prisma item-relational mapper. By making a ton of conclusions for the user, the opinionated Redwood framework promises to no cost up builders to emphasis on specializing their programs.
Redwood was co-launched by GitHub co-founder Tom Preston-Werner. Jamstack-fashion enhancement is supplied for both equally serverless and standard infrastructure. Built-in features in Redwood are intended to allow a lot quicker, iterative workflows in which builders capture bugs previously and a lot more normally, deploy much more promptly, and scale progress when prepared.
Redwood 1. features include:
- Opinionated defaults for formatting, file organization, Webpack, and Babel.
- Routing with dynamic parameters, tailor made varieties, and named route capabilities.
- Automatic webpage-based mostly code-splitting.
- Cells that offer a declarative way to fetch data from the back again-stop API.
- Turbines for internet pages, layouts, cells, SDL, and expert services.
- Varieties with customer-facet or server-side validation and error-handling.
- Databases (GraphQL again end) and details migrations.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.