Yahoo will host digital live shows and exhibitions showcasing celebrities and influencers for Hong Kong residents on the Decentraland metaverse, the business declared on Wednesday.
See related story: Hong Kong’s subway operator plans virtual station in metaverse
- Yahoo is also launching a non-fungible token (NFT) exhibition termed The Abyss of Kwun Tong to recreate aged Kwun Tong, a historic community that has been altered by years of redevelopment, the South China Morning Write-up claimed.
- The capability to recreate serious-lifetime destinations and ordeals in the metaverse could be an eye-catching advertising stage to Hong Kongers, as a destructive Covid test mandate to enter community venues together with bars and clubs kicked in on Thursday.
- On Tuesday, Fb operator Meta announced its plans to collaborate with neighborhood cafe chains, universities and artwork institutions to trial metaverse activities and technologies in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kongers have been familiarized with NFT and blockchain technology by artwork exhibitions and local community gatherings.
- Decentraland’s cryptocurrency MANA is up 10% more than the earlier 24 several hours, in accordance to info from CoinGecko.
See related tale: Hong Kong’s Ocean Park brings digital points of interest to The Sandbox metaverse